Welcome to the website of St Michael’s Church in Betchworth, in the United Benefice of Betchworth and Buckland. Please use the drop down menus in the bar above the picture to find the information you are looking for.
Click here for the website of St Mary the Virgin Buckland
Sunday 14th May, the Sixth Sunday of Easter, at 10am, Iona-style Communion at St Mary’s, and at 5pm, Choral Evensong at St Michael’s.
On her visit to St Michael’s last week, the Bishop of Croydon made the following announcement:
Appointment of Rector of Betchworth and Buckland by the Patrons St George’s Chapel Windsor and All Soul’s College Oxford and by the Bishop of Southwark
We are pleased to announce today, Sunday 7th May 2023, that The Reverend Pru Dulley, presently of St Paul Cliftonville, has been appointed Rector of Betchworth and Buckland subject to completion of the necessary procedures. Further details, including the date of the Licensing service, will follow in due course.
FROM NOVEMBER 2022 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ONLINE SUNDAY WORSHIP WILL BE LIVE STREAMED FROM SOUTHWARK CATHEDRAL. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE LIVE SERVICES STREAM PAGE.
Read the latest Parish Magazine here – click on the image below.
Pillars of St Michael’s Betchworth.
Future events – please put dates in your diary. More details to follow.
- An evening with actors Alison Steadman and Michael Elwyn – Saturday 10 June 2023 at Betchworth Village Hall.
- “Stars in their Eyes” – Betchworth’s very own version of “Stars in their Eyes” will come to the Village Hall on Friday 29 September 2023.
- Christmas carols at Betchworth House – The Hamilton Family is looking forward to welcoming all singers for an evening of carols, mulled wine and mince pies at Betchworth House.
ST MICHAEL’S MISSION ACTION PLAN 2021-2025 – CLICK HERE.
Safeguarding Policy – Promoting a Safer Church
On 8th May 2019 the Parochial Church Council adopted the following Safeguarding Policy.
“In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, our church is committed to:
• promoting a safer environment and culture
• safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
• responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
• caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• responding to those who may pose a present risk to others.
TO READ OUR FULL SAFEGUARDING POLICIES AND FIND USEFUL LINKS CLICK HERE