Welcome to the website of St Michael’s Church in Betchworth, in the United Benefice of Betchworth and Buckland. Please use the drop down menus in the bar above the picture to find the information you are looking for.
From Sunday 8th November until Lockdown is scheduled to end on 2nd December, there will be no Sunday services held in either St Michael’s or St Mary’s. Sunday worship in church will resume when national guidelines permit. The churches will be open for private prayer on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday – see below. Further information will appear here as soon as it is available.
For the time being there will be a Dial-in service every Sunday at 9.30am, and an Online service will be posted on both websites.
Details for the dial-in service:
Dial: 0333 0110 945
Room number: 10027764#
IMPORTANT INFORMATION about Special Services: because of Coronavirus restrictions, the following services (IF THEY ARE PERMITTED TO TAKE PLACE) will be ticketed only, owing to restricted seating numbers in St Michael’s and St Mary’s to achieve social distancing.
Please make sure you and your household/bubble obtain tickets in advance for:
Carol Service, 20th December 5pm at St Michael’s
Christmas Eve Crib Services, 24th December 4pm at St Mary’s, and 5.30pm at St Michael’s (THIS WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE CHURCH, for ticket holders only)
Christmas Eve Midnight Mass, 24th December 11.30pm at St Mary’s
Christmas Day Family Communion, 25th December 11am at St Michael’s
Liz Vahey (01737-221444, email@example.com) is your contact for tickets.
Please click here for full details of these services and how to book tickets for them. Thank you.
Worship Resources can also be found at:
Church of England website:
• Weekly service broadcasts – these be made available each Sunday through the Church of England’s Facebook page.
• Time to Pray app – everything you need for Prayer During the Day, with variations according to the day of the week and the season of the Church’s year. Download for free.
• Daytime prayer and Night prayer service audio – building on the existing daily prayer feed, this includes daytime prayer and night prayer for each day. It will be available as a downloadable app in the coming weeks
• The BBC’s Daily Service and Sunday Worship – radio programmes will be using some of the themes from #LiveLent as part of their broadcasts.
• Prayer for the day – each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
The Archbishop of Canterbury also offers a free Daily hope line: 0800 804 8044
This offers a message from Archbishop Justin together with ‘hymns we love’ – a daily resource and includes singing a well-known hymn then looking at its author and the hymns message.
This lovely booklet is available from Revd. Anna
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01737901860/07939 388607
It is with regret that our church buildings will have to be closed for the duration of the latest restrictions. Please see the notice from the Diocese of Southwark, which will be posted on the church door:
Safeguarding Policy – Promoting a Safer Church
On 8th May 2019 the Parochial Church Council adopted the following Safeguarding Policy.
“In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, our church is committed to:
• promoting a safer environment and culture
• safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
• responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
• caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• responding to those who may pose a present risk to others.