Welcome to the website of St Michael’s Church in Betchworth, in the United Benefice of Betchworth and Buckland. Please use the drop down menus in the bar above the picture to find the information you are looking for.
Our new Rector, the Rev’d Anna Moore, was inducted and licensed by the Bishop of Croydon, Jonathan Clark, on the 10th April at St Michael’s Betchworth as Rector of the United Benefice of Betchworth and Buckland. It was a lovely occasion with a full church including members of Anna’s family, friends from St Marks Reigate where she was the curate, many members of both congregation and local civic dignitaries including Nigel Husband chairman of Buckland Council who formally welcomed her on behalf of the Parish Council. She lives in the Rectory Betchworth, and we are looking forward to a new page in the church’s life in Buckland and integration with the village.
Linda & Bernard, Churchwardens
Safeguarding Policy – Promoting a Safer Church
On 8th May 2019 the Parochial Church Council adopted the following Safeguarding Policy.
“In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, our church is committed to:
• promoting a safer environment and culture
• safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
• responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
• caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• responding to those who may pose a present risk to others.