PARISH OF ST MICHAEL’S BETCHWORTH
Safeguarding Policy – Promoting a Safer Church
On 20th March 2023 the Parochial Church Council adopted the following Safeguarding Policy.
“In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, our church is committed to:
- promoting a safer environment and culture
- safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
- responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- responding to those who may pose a present risk to others. […]”
St Michael’s Parish Policy for Responding to Domestic Abuse – READ THE FULL POLICY HERE.
We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St Michael’s.
Our key contacts are:
The Parish Safeguarding Officer for St Michael’s:
Mrs Margaret Miller – 01737 842098
Mrs Linda Slater – 01737 844632
Mr Bernard Hawkins – 01737 853153
READ THE FULL ROLE DESCRIPTION FOR THE PARISH SAFEGUARDING OFFICER HERE.
READ THE ST MICHAEL’S BETCHWORTH PCC SAFEGUARDING DELEGATION SCHEME HERE.
Essential Helpline Links:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours).Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours).
Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9am-5pm).
Diocese of Southwark – Safeguarding contacts:
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Pamela Chisholm, Trinity House, 4, Chapel Court, London SE1 1HW.
020 7939 9423
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers:
020 7939 9441
020 7939 9462
- Safeguarding Training Administrator:
- Safeguarding Administration Manager:
W 020 7939 9476
- Safeguarding Information Manager:
W 020 7939 9444
- For safeguarding concerns out of office hours, please call the Duty Direct Line 0203 874 6743
To access the Southwark Diocese manual of Safeguarding Policies and Procedures A Safe Church CLICK HERE.
Page updated 18/7/2019