PARISH OF ST MICHAEL’S BETCHWORTH
Safeguarding Policy – Promoting a Safer Church
On 8th May 2019 the Parochial Church Council adopted the following Safeguarding Policy.
“In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, our church is committed to:
• promoting a safer environment and culture
• safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
• responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
• caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• responding to those who may pose a present risk to others.
We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St Michael’s.
Our key contacts are:
The Parish Safeguarding Officer for St Michael’s:
Mrs Margaret Miller – 01737 842098
Mrs Linda Slater – 01737 844632
Mr Bernard Hawkins – 01737 853153
The Revd. Anna Moore – 01737 901860
READ THE FULL ROLE DESCRIPTION FOR THE PARISH SAFEGUARDING OFFICER HERE.
Essential Helpline Links:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours).Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours).
Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9am-5pm).
Diocese of Southwark – Safeguarding contacts:
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Pamela Chisholm, Trinity House, 4, Chapel Court, London SE1 1HW.
020 7939 9423
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers:
020 7939 9441
020 7939 9462
- Safeguarding Training Administrator:
- Safeguarding Administration Manager:
020 7939 9476
- For safeguarding concerns out of office hours, please call the Duty Direct Line 0203 874 6743
To access the Southwark Diocese manual of Safeguarding Policies and Procedures A Safe Church CLICK HERE.
Page updated 18/7/2019